Thursday, July 05, 2007

tough people don't cry

I cry easily and regularly. It runs in the family, all of us cry, not over being physically hurt but mostly about emotional things. I cry when I watch the news sometimes because the suffering I see is so upsetting. I can't watch anything about what's happening to the people in war without crying. I cry when I think about the fact that my dog can barely see or hear and won't be with me much longer. I sometimes shed tears of joy. None of this has anything to do with a man's true inner strength. It's partly genetic, partly cultural, partly the quirks of personality, but there are very tough men who cry and plenty of wimps who cry too. I cry all the time, I'm crying right now. It takes a lot of emotion for me to cry, so it's not that I think it not up to par to cry. It just takes a lot to get me that far (people are different). I don't cry all that often, but certain things make me cry. I cried in crying bursts for months after a friend of mine died. I loved her so much and I was devastated that I would no longer be able to look into her beautiful blue eyes and chat with her about everything under the sun. I cry if my friends cry, even if I don't know why. If they're crying somethings going on because it's rare and it upsets me greatly to see them upset. I get lumpy and my eyes well up. I choke up. The other things that makes me weep is seeing a father and son showing affection for each other. I don't have that and I wish I could have experienced that. It sounds like I cry a lot. I don't really I think, but those things or situations above do make me cry. I think a true man is completely honest with his feelings. So, yes, real people do cry. I don't think I could be with a man who is unable to show his emotion through tears, be them happy tears or sad tears. Crying is a natural human emotion. I'm thankful for tears. Tears are some of the strongest "words" I've ever heard men speak. Crying just means you're human.
...

No comments: